Winter Skills Academy and Youth League
First Shot seeks to provide an atmosphere that will encourage positive change in your child spiritually as well as athletically. Because every child brings their own unique abilities; at First Shot we recognize unique abilities and look for ways to mentor each child to achieve their full potential. Since we are a teaching league we are committed to building your player from the ground up, developing a strong foundation for athletics and life.
First Shot basketball camps, clinics, and lessons play an important part in helping Rutherford County youths learn important basketball and life skills. MurfMadness is our annual 3-on-3 basketball tournament that raises money to send kids to First Shot camps.
During these camps and clinics, young basketball players participate and learn the concepts of basketball – they improve their skills and develop overall knowledge of the game through basic practice drills and learning the fundamentals.
At the same time, participants gain:
- Knowledge for the Mind
- Skills for the Body
- Desire for the Heart
- Belief for the Spirit
Camps run all summer, and First Shot currently offers two clinics throughout the year on Thanksgiving and MLK Day.
- To make God’s Word relevant to your child’s daily life. (Devotionals each week)
- Each child will improve in basketball skills week over week.
- Each child will be respected and loved by Coach Herzer and all of the coaching staff.
- All of First Shot events and activities are tons of fun!
What is included:
- Each player will receive a reversible jersey.
- Practices are either Thursday or Friday.
- Games are played on Saturdays in an instructional scrimmage style. (7 games with team rotations weekly)
- Centralized teaching is led by Coach Herzer.
- 8 weeks of strategic athletic growth in the basic fundamentals of the game by Coach Herzer.
|Age 5||Saturday 8am||Friday 5:30pm||Age 5-6||Saturday 8am||Friday 5:30pm|
|Age 6||Saturday 9am||Friday 6:30pm||Age 7-8||Saturday 10am||Thursday 5:30pm|
|Age 7||Saturday 11am||Friday 6:30pm||Age 9-10||Saturday 1pm||Thursday 6:30pm|
|Age 8||Saturday 12pm||Friday 7:30pm||Age 11-14||Saturday 4pm||Thursday 6:30pm|
|Age 9||Saturday 2pm||Friday 7:30pm|
|Age 10||Saturday 3pm||Thursday 7:30pm|
|Age 11-14||Saturday 5pm||Thursday 7:30pm|
COST: $100 until 12/14/2019 – $110 after
DATES: Registration Check-in: January 2nd & 3rd, 2020
First Clinic: Saturday, January 4th , 2020
Practices: Thursday January 9th and Friday January 10th, 2020
Location: Hooptown – 6910 Stroop Lane Smyrna, TN 37167